PowerShell GUI script to reset an Active Directory user’s password
PowerShell GUI script to reset an Active Directory user’s password. The script will need to be run from a computer which is part of the domain. It needs access to the ActiveDirectory PowerShell module. It will first try to load it locally, if not available it will setup a session to a Domain Controller and will import it from there (This requires that the user running this script needs appropriate rights to do so).
- 1.0 (2016-01-04) Initial version.
- 1.1 (2016-01-05) Cleanup output text and simplify try/catch for $ButtonMainChangePasswordChangePassword_Click.
- 1.2 (2016-12-08) Fixed bug where error handling was not working when using implicit remoting for the ActiveDirectory PowerShell module.
- 2.0 (2016-12-11)
- Added support for alternate credentials.
- Added options for “User cannot change password” and “Password never expires”.
- Added support to connect to other domains/forests.
- Removed unnecessary logging of ActiveDirectory PowerShell module being loaded at each password update.
- Generalized application name, version and URL.
- Some code correction (parameters not fully written out).
- Code commenting restructuring.
Get the latest version of this script from GitHub.